The City of Groveton has implemented Stage 4 of the Drought Contingency Plan due to an emergency water shortage. The water well pump is down and needs repair. The City of Groveton is addressing the issue and will have the repairs made as soon as possible. Pennington Water Supply is currently providing water to our system; however, residents must conserve water as much as possible during this emergency shortage. Mayor Ralph Bennett.
EMERGENCY WATER SHORTAGE
NOTICE TO CITY OF GROVETON WATER CUSTOMERS
EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 8, 2023 at 4:55 p.m.
THE CITY OF GROVETON WILL IMPLEMENT STAGE 4 OF THE DROUGHT CONTINGENCY PLAN
Water Use Restrictions:
Under threat of penalty for violation, the following water use restrictions shall apply to all persons:
- Irrigation of landscaped areas shall be PROHIBITED
- Use of water to wash any motor vehicle, motorbike, boat, trailer, or other vehicle is PROHIBITED.
- Use of water to fill, refill, or add to any indoor or outdoor swimming pools, wading pools, or jacuzzi-type pools is PROHIBITED.
- Operation of any ornamental fountain or pond for aesthetic or scenic purposes is PROHIBITED except where necessary to support aquatic life.
- Use of water from hydrants shall be limited to fire fighting related activities, or other activities necessary to maintain public health, safety, and welfare.
- The following use of water are defined as non-essential and are PROHIBITED:
- Wash down of any sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking lots, or other hard surfaced areas.
- Use of water to wash down buildings or structures for purposes other than immediate fire protection.
- Use of water for dust control.
- Flushing gutters or permitting water to run or accumulate in any gutter or street.
- Failure to repair a controllable leak(s) within a reasonable period after having been given notice directing the repair of such leaks.
Please contact City Hall at (936) 642-1122 with any questions or concerns. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
This plan is in effect until further notice.